Business Development Consultant | Cape Town & Johannesburg
For 25 years, the Red & Yellow Creative School of Business has been teaching students to think creatively and to prepare themselves for successful careers in an increasingly uncertain, digital world. Our Corporate Training team works with South Africa’s best-known organisations to build and deliver training and transformation programmes that equip their teams with the skills they need to thrive in the Digital Age.
The successful candidate will join our ambitious and dynamic Successful Organisations Team (aka Corporate Training Team). You will be responsible for consulting with – and developing and selling training solutions to – new corporate clients, leveraging Red & Yellow’s range of world-class programmes and courses.
In doing so, you will be expected to:
- identify, initiate and develop new client relationships; and
- partner with clients to deliver on their learning and development goals, solve their organisational challenges and demonstrate real return on investment against business goals.
As a Senior Consultant, you are well-known and highly regarded for known for your strong relationship building skills with C-Suite members, executives and influencers. You get a thrill out of finding the decision maker - and you've proven to be a door opener at even the largest corporates in South Africa and abroad.
As a Mid-Level Consultant, you are building an excellent reputation as a thought-leader and are respected for the insights and value you bring to businesses with your experience and expertise. You routinely develop and sell big, complex solutions to companies, and relish the challenge of discovering new ways of helping clients solve big problems.
In both cases, you need to be a challenger: someone who takes control of a clients engagement challenges their way of thinking, teaches them new insights, and tailors a solution to meet their specific needs.
At Red & Yellow, we believe in building life-long relationships with our clients and students, and you will be instrumental in delivering on this. You will be a shining ambassador for the Red & Yellow brand in all that you do.
A typical day may look like
- Identify and acquire new corporate clients for Red & Yellow (B2B sales)
- Sell Red & Yellow programmes and courses to corporate clients and deliver against revenue and sales targets. In most cases, this will involve:
- consulting with clients;
- diagnosing learning and development challenges;
- developing and prescribing solutions that are comprised of Red & Yellow programmes and courses
- Add real value to our clients, by:
- offering unique and valuable perspectives on the market and their sector
- educating them on new developments and insights
- helping them navigate alternative programmes and courses
- providing consultation and advice
- helping them avoid potential pitfalls and overcome obstacles
To deliver on your primary responsibilities, you’re going to need to do the following (but you know most of this already):
- Build lead lists, generate new leads and opportunities and build relationships with new clients
- Prepare your own proposals and presentations
- Negotiate and close sales of varying degrees of complexity, scope, and value
- Develop and execute plans to achieve targets and expand our corporate client base
- Work with clients to better understand their business needs and objectives
- Spot and capitalize on training opportunities for new and existing clients
- Demonstrate advanced awareness of the digital economy, learning and development trends and “burning issues” affecting prospective clients, their sectors and the market at large
- Become fully conversant in matters relating to B-BBEE (especially relating to skills development)
- Report on results in sales- and corporate-team meetings
- Live and spread - with passion - Red & Yellow’s vision, mission and values in all that you do.
- Help grow the Red & Yellow brand through networking, business development and marketing activities
- Identify business opportunities
Have you got what it takes?
- You are a “hunter” - a natural, talented business development machine who was born to sell
- Hungry, competitive and obsessed with targets – second best just isn’t good enough
- A real “radiator” - an outgoing, gregarious, engaging lover of people, with a genuine passion for education
- Very strong customer-focus - you are able to build and maintain long-term relationships with customers and have an intuitive feel for what customers want (and what they don’t)
- Excellent negotiation skills - direct and forceful without damaging relationships
- Curious - you love learning and experiencing new things
- A brave problem-solver; approachable yet assertive, and a highly effective communicator
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Deadline driven - critical!
We just can’t live without
- Extensive experience (at least 10 years for mid-level; 15 years for senior) in sales and corporate business development, particularly with large corporates and blue chips
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in B2B environments
- Previous experience in marketing, digital transformation, training and development, and/or B-BBEE is highly advantageous
- Professional sales training would be a strong advantage
- Relevant tertiary qualification; post-graduate qualification preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- At least 2 years of work experience, involving email and telephone engagement with prospective clients
- Proven sales experience ideally working in a highly competitive, high volume sales environment
- Prior experience working in or with education, marketing or technology businesses highly advantageous
- Matric with exemption essential, undergraduate qualification (marketing or education) a real advantage
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Reap the financial rewards that our commission structure offers top performers
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life.
To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Get in touch a with us email@example.com