Communications Manager - Cape Town
We are looking for an experienced, passionate Communications Manager who is able to undertake the formulation of all communications strategies; the implementation of external and internal communications plans, media liaison, stakeholder engagement and project management.
A typical day may look like
- Develop and implement an external communications strategy that is aligned to Red & Yellow’s strategy, objectives, and values
- Execute all communication for Red & Yellow and develop a proactive media relations plan
- Prepare press releases and content marketing for media exposure
- Build and maintain relationships with industry specific and mainstream media alike
- Profile Exco and key specialists positions in the media
- Initiate advertorial opportunities for Red & Yellow with relevant content
- Manage website content
- Develop and manage social media communication and digital strategy for engagement in channel appropriate manner
- Collaborate with the marketing department to ensure maximum reach and exposure for all targeted marketing campaigns
- Develop and manage an internal communication plan aligned with the human resources strategy (recruitment)
- Responsible for all communications for internal projects according to time and cost frameworks
- Manage the collection and archiving of relevant media exposure in order to build historical information
- Maintain and build up an image library; ensure that all relevant events are photographed; collaborate with the marketing department
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant industry experience advantageous
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead, command, inspire and contribute to Red & Yellow's vision and culture
- Excellent planning skills
- Competent in Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentation tools
- A passion and strong competence for the written word, the spoken word and social media
- Proven ability in driving collaborative communications initiatives
We Can’t Live Without
- Experience in Communications and/or Public Relations
- An understanding of effective media relations strategies; reactive and proactive
- Strong project management skills and experience in digital content management
Great to haves
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Social media skills and ability to write compelling press releases and content marketing strategy and execution
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Prime location in the heart of Salt River
- Great coffee shop around the corner
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
Our seven values define us, guide us, and keep us and our school one step ahead.
These are the things we care about – for ourselves, our colleagues, our customers, and our students. We look to uphold them in every area of our work and evoke them in each other.
Relentlessly Curious: Like a sponge, we don't read and listen and ask questions, so we can get ahead, we do it because we can't help ourselves. We just want to know more, about everything, all the time
Proudly Persistent: We set high standards for ourselves and our school and we have the grit and determination to achieve these goals. When adversity comes our way, we face it head on
Constructively Challenging: We question everything not accepting anything as a given. We speak and act with respect and intelligence when challenging the status quo
Kindly Respectful: We treat our fellow humans the way we would like to be treated, with goodness and compassion. While we may not agree with their point of view, provided it doesn't hurt anyone, we respect and encourage their right to have it
Boundlessly Creative: New ideas are our lifeblood. We have to be always innovating, always improving and always growing and evolving ourselves, our students and our business school
Excitedly Accountable: We stand up and we want to lead, we pursue the greater good and we get our work done. People can rely on us to deliver to the best of our ability, every time
Intelligently Humble: Egos get in the way. We know we are mere pedestrians in the global village of knowledge and ideas and are always grateful when someone teaches us something
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life.
To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Get in touch a with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.