Design/ User Centered Design Facilitator
Role: UCD Facilitator
Employment type: 12-month Independent Contract
Duration: June/July 2021 - June 2022
Experience Design/ User Centered Design Facilitator (June/July 2021 - June 2022)
Red & Yellow are looking for an experienced and passionate UX professional, with a background in education and/or facilitation, to tailor and deliver an Experience Design programme for some of South Africa’s most prominent financial brands.
Due to the nature of the project, the suitability of the role would likely apply to:
- UX freelancers
- UX professionals working part-time on other projects
- Professionals who are versed in digital user or design research
- Other XD related professionals looking for a rewarding side hustle with a steady income
- Inform and assist in the development of UX and XD content for online learning in consultation with Instructional Design team and client design leads.
- Assist in developing assessments and testing instruments that incorporate simulated briefs in consultation with client and Head of Programme Development.
- Develop lecture slides and workshop plans that support online learning by being engaging and interactive.
- Deliver lecture sessions and facilitate workshop sessions via video conferencing.
- Be available for student reviews and consultations on student projects as required.
- Assist in overall programme delivery and coordination with support from internal programme managers.
This is a part-time lecturing and consulting position to be delivered live via video conferencing, between June/July 2021 and June/July 2022.
Time commitment: Dependent on programmes assigned
Approx: 70 - 110 hours a month.
- Lecturing and Facilitation: 40 - 60 hours a month
- Preparation and Content Dev: 10 - 20 hours a month
- Student consultation and reviews: 10 - 15 hours a month
- Programme delivery and coordination: 10 - 15 hours a month
Banking sector experience in the design of user experiences would be preferred.
Qualifications and requirements
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification - Bachelor’s Degree is essential
- Minimum 2 years experience in a UCD/ UX/ XD position
- Experience as a facilitator and/or lecturer
- Proficient in:
- Figma (essential)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD),
- Able to commit for the duration of the entire project.
- Post Graduate qualification UCD/ UX/ XD or a Postgraduate qualification with evidence of established skills in the field.
- Experience in the banking or financial sector
- Experience in online learning content development
- Experience in remote facilitation via video conferencing
- Registered Assessor and/or Moderator for MICT SETA for SAQA ID: 90721
Why work at Red & Yellow?
Life at Red & Yellow is fast-paced, technicoloured and full of fun and energy. We’re a School with serious ambition and a Global vision – we want to be The Most Creative Business School in the World, and we are working hard to achieve this. As a result, we’re growing very fast, innovating and experimenting constantly, and always looking for ways to improve ourselves and our courses for the benefit of our students.
For you, this translates as follows:
- Our working environment is casual and fun, and full of weird and wonderful characters. But they all have one thing in common: a passion for changing the world through education, and a tremendous sense of community and purpose in working as part of a team of incredible talent that is punching well above its weight.
- Fast-pace, growth and innovation mean that there is no shortage of upward and horizontal growth opportunities for people who perform and ask for opportunities to develop themselves and try new things. Our people get a lot of responsibility and trust, and develop quickly.
- You will get to work alongside our executives and senior managers from Day 1, and so have enormous opportunity to learn from them directly.
- We’re all about constant curiosity – all of our online courses are free for our staff, and their friends and family get discounts. We also have a tremendous library.
- Our Culture Club is always active and busy organising events, activities and celebrations. PS. Did we mention that we have our own rooftop bar?
Please provide at least 2 contactable references on your application.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Please forward your CV, proof of academic qualifications and a motivation letter aligning yourself to the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org