Desktop Support IT - Full Time - Cape Town
A typical day may look like
- Troubleshoot and resolve desktop hardware and software problems
- Clear printer jams replace toner
- Active directory – create user profiles and password resets
- Grant users permissions to network shared folders
- Other odds and ends as required
Have you got what it takes?
- Curious – you love learning and experiencing new things
- A brave problem-solver; approachable yet assertive, and a highly effective communicator
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and change priorities/direction quickly and successfully
- A self-starter with a good attitude and the ability to work in a team
We can’t live without
- Tertiary education and relevant technology courses attended (N+ and A+ will be an advantage)
- 2+ years of IT End User Support experience
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems experience – Windows 7 and 10, MS Office 2013 and 365
- Active Directory experience
- Apple Mac support experience
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- PC network troubleshooting skills
- Strong desktop and applications support experience
- Good email communication skills
“Great to haves”
- N+ and A+ courses attended
- Effective management of IT hardware and IT environment
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Reap the financial rewards that our commission structure offers top performers
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends and family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
Our seven values define us, guide us, and keep us and our school one step ahead.
These are the things we care about – for ourselves, our colleagues, our customers, and our students. We look to uphold them in every area of our work and evoke them in each other.
Relentlessly Curious: Like a sponge, we don't read and listen and ask questions, so we can get ahead, we do it because we can't help ourselves. We just want to know more, about everything, all the time
Proudly Persistent: We set high standards for ourselves and our school and we have the grit and determination to achieve these goals. When adversity comes our way, we face it head-on.
Constructively Challenging: We question everything not accepting anything as a given. We speak and act with respect and intelligence when challenging the status quo.
Kindly Respectful: We treat our fellow humans the way we would like to be treated, with goodness and compassion. While we may not agree with their point of view, provided it doesn't hurt anyone, we respect and encourage their right to have it.
Boundlessly Creative: New ideas are our lifeblood. We have to be always innovating, always improving and always growing and evolving ourselves, our students and our business school.
Excitedly Accountable: We stand up and we want to lead, we pursue the greater good and we get our work done. People can rely on us to deliver to the best of our ability, every time.
Intelligently Humble: Egos get in the way. We know we are mere pedestrians in the global village of knowledge and ideas and are always grateful when someone teaches us something.
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life.
To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."