Experience Design | User Centered Design Facilitator (October 2020 – August 2021)
Red & Yellow are looking for an experienced and passionate UX professional, with a background in education and/or facilitation, to tailor and deliver a unique Experience Design programme for one of South Africa’s most prominent brands.
Due to the nature of the project, the suitability of the role would likely apply to:
- UX freelancers
- UX professionals working part-time on other projects
- Professionals who are are versed in digital user or design research
- Other XD related professionals looking for a rewarding side hustle with a steady income for 11 months.
- Inform and assist in the development of UX and XD content for online learning in consultation with Instructional Design team and client design leads.
- Assist in developing assessments and testing instruments that incorporate simulated briefs in consultation with client and Head of Programme Development.
- Develop lecture slides and workshop plans that support online learning by being engaging and interactive.
- Deliver lecture sessions and facilitate workshop sessions for one week a month, as scheduled, via video conferencing.
- Be available for student reviews and consultations on student projects as required.
- Assist in overall programme delivery and coordination with support from internal programme managers.
This is a part-time, consulting position to be delivered face to face, between October 2020 until August 2021. There will be a level of content development and programme design required prior to delivery of the programme in October.
Time commitment: Approx: 40 - 80 hours a month.
- Lecturing and Facilitation: 30 hours a month
- Preparation and Content Dev: 36 hours a month
- Student consultation and reviews: 6 hours a month
- Programme delivery and coordination: 8 hours a month
Banking sector experience in the design of user experiences would be preferred.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Minimum 2 years experience in a UCD/ UX/ XD position
- Experience as a facilitator and/or lecturer
- Proficient in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD),
- Or similar tools
- Able to commit for the duration of the entire project.
- Post Graduate qualification UCD/ UX/ XD or a Postgraduate qualification with evidence of established skills in the field.
- Experience in the banking or financial sector
- Experience in online learning content development
- Experience in remote facilitation via video conferencing
- Registered Assessor and/or Moderator for MICT SETA for SAQA ID: 90721
Please provide at least 2 contactable references on your application.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Get in touch with us!