Head of Department- Executive Education | Cape Town
The successful candidate will join our Education Team. You will be responsible for leading all aspects relating to delivery of Red & Yellow’s Executive Education offering - comprising our Online Short Courses (Ambitions Professionals) team, as well our Corporate Training and Skills Development (Successful Organisations) Team - in line with the vision and mission of Red & Yellow.
These teams have seen significant growth in recent years, and we are now looking for someone to lead them (and us) to the next level (and beyond), by building and developing fantastic teams, obsessing about quality and student experience in what and how we deliver, streamlining processes and improving structures, and working with other Teams (especially our Instructional Design, Customer and Sales Teams).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead delivery of Red & Yellow’s Executive Education courses and programmes in all respects, ensuring world-class standards, premium client and student experience, and profitability of programmes against agreed metrics
- Grow, develop and motivate high-performing, world-class teams with the Executive Education department
- Responsibility and accountability for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Department in line with Faculty and School strategic plans and direction.
- Development and sustainment of appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-making and communication with staff and students.
- Review and develop new programmes in order to attract markets.
- Ensuring the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all delivery of all corporate training programmes.
- Creating and exploiting new opportunities for knowledge transfer activity to secure new areas of teaching and facilitation.
- Ensuring that staff performance is managed appropriately and that fair workload allocation processes are in place.
- Ensuring all staff have access to the necessary support to enable them to contribute fully and develop their skills and experience.
- Taking responsibility for department budgets and comply with School financial regulations.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest possible standards.
- Put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure compliance.
- Maintaining compliance with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures.
- Consider the status of the Head of a Department as a role model for other members of staff in the pursuit of academic excellence.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in a related field.
- Strong administrative and Analytical skills.
- Strong, proven leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to manage a number of competing demands.
- Flexible and adapt to changing circumstances, and the ability to lead, motivate and manage teams through these.
- Willing and able to exercise judgement and take risks.
Why Red & Yellow?
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen.
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y.
Our Social Promise
We believe that education is the way to change the world – our social promise ensures at least 10% of our students have their studies funded, either through ourselves or corporate bursary-partnership packages. We also have experts who can advise corporates on how to gain optimal B-BEEE ROI benefits, while securing access to talented juniors.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Please forward your CV and proof of academic qualifications to email@example.com
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.