Role: HR Administrator
Employment type: Permanent/FTC
Probation: 3 months
Job level: Junior
Location: Red & Yellow Campus, Cape Town
This is a really exciting opportunity to join at within one of South Africa’s pre-eminent marketing and advertising schools and really make it your own.
The Red & Yellow Brand is well-loved and well-known within the South African marketing and advertising community, and following its recent acquisition by Honoris United Universities (the first and largest pan-African university network), it is now set to radically ramp up its presence and activity within South Africa, and expand through the Honoris network across the continent.
You will be working alongside the HR Manager to support and coordinate the activities of the HR Department services policies and programs of the company.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Role
- Assist the HR Manager with the screening of job applications, shortlisting of CV’s and reference and background checking when required.
- Assist with the setup of interviews, communication with line management and/or the interview panel and applicants.
- Assist with communication with all job applicants (telephonically, in-person or in writing) to inform them of the progress of their applications
- Champion on-boarding/induction/orientation for all new employees and ensure IT is notified timeously to create log in credentials and secure the necessary hardware
- Ensure exiting employees are off-boarded correctly by conducting exit interviews and ensure any company equipment is returned
- Assist the HR Manager with administration and record-keeping related to employee relations, grievances, disciplinary hearings and performance management
- Take minutes of HR-related meetings
- Be part of the companies Health and Safety Committee and manage the annual H&S audits
- Support the company with BBBEE related documentation compilation
- Ensure employee internal training documentation is signed and sent to the Course Coordination team
- Be part of the culture club and send out birthday mailers
- Assist HR Manager with Employment Equity and Skills Development annual submissions
- Assist the HR Manager with any administration tasks relating to Student Employability
- Payroll support
- Providing administrative support with ad hoc projects as required
- Support campus front of house and Health and Safety administrator
Provision for possible facilities – depending on Employability and Graduway Admin requirements.
Behavioural Attributes and Competencies
At Red & Yellow, we actively prioritise the right attitude combined with the right behavioural attributes in combination to prior experience
Serious smarts are non-negotiable. Our clients expect excellence from us, and our students are professional, intelligent and driven so we value both intellectual and emotional intelligence in our people.
- A growth mindset and a “can-do” attitude. People with a growth mindset “tend to thrive on challenges and embrace failure as a mechanism for learning and development”. They constantly question the world and their place within it, and look for opportunities to improve themselves and their environments around them
- Constant curiosity and hunger for learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Not only is communication one of the most important elements of this role, but you are also an ambassador of Red & Yellow
- Professionalism, patience and kindness. Dealing with people day in and day out can be taxing, and it takes a particular kind of person to keep calm, cheerful and effective
- Ability to work in a team, and to work under pressure
- A passion for education. This is critical.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant qualification in Human Resources
- At least1-2 years’ working experience in a similar role
- Excellent team player, communication, and decision-making skills
- Handles confidential and sensitive information appropriately
Why work at Red & Yellow?
Life at Red & Yellow is fast-paced, technicoloured and full of fun and energy. We’re a School with serious ambition and a Global vision – we want to be The Most Creative Business School in the World, and we are working hard to achieve this. As a result, we’re growing very fast, innovating and experimenting constantly, and always looking for ways to improve ourselves and our courses for the benefit of our students.
For you, this translates as follows:
- Our working environment is casual and fun, and full of quirky personalities, oddballs, nerds and geeks. But they all have one thing in common: a passion for changing the world through education, and a tremendous sense of community and purpose in working as part of a team of incredible talent that is punching well above its weight.
- Fast-pace, growth and innovation mean that there is no shortage of upward and horizontal growth opportunities for people who perform and ask for opportunities to develop themselves and try new things. Our people get a lot of responsibility and trust, and develop quickly.
- You will get to work alongside our executives and senior managers from Day 1, and so have enormous opportunity to learn from them directly.
- We’re all about constant curiosity – all of our online courses are free for our staff, and their friends and family get discounts.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Please forward your CV, proof of academic qualifications and a motivation letter aligning yourself to the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org