Junior Instructional Designer | Cape Town
We’re on the hunt for a talented Junior Instructional Designer to research, write, and maintain a series of courses and other learning programmes in the business field. You will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out education products that support and deliver upon Red & Yellow’s vision and strategy. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Junior Instructional Designer to showcase their talent, take on some more responsibility, and be given as much rope as they are brave enough to accept.
A typical day may look like
- Edit, review and update existing content in line with new developments
- Constantly research learning enhancement and new content creation areas and tools
- Gather knowledge from real-world business, marketing, advertising and communications practices across a range of tactics and specialities
- Design structured learning programmes using the principles of good instructional design
- Develop course outlines and write outcomes (under supervision)
- Design and write courses/learning programmes (under supervision)
- Design and write assessments (under supervision)
- Eventually, write articles, textbook materials, blog posts, white papers, research papers, scripts, and case studies based on the knowledge gleaned from various experts and consultants
- Engage with professionals in these fields to learn from them and distill their expertise into accessible course materials
- Collate and aggregate this knowledge into meaningful content packs for courses (online, blended, face-to-face) and textbook development
- Develop and write effective and accessible course materials for tailored and general offerings
- Engage with students via email queries, forums, online chats, and marking/moderating
Have you got what it takes?
- The ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Some knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
We Can’t Live Without
- Excellent written (reporting) and oral communication skills
- Outstanding planning, time-management, and problem-solving ability
- Strongly detail-orientated
- Team-orientated/ability to work efficiently with people
- Follow written and listen to verbal instructions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to analyse and objectively give feedback to and receive feedback from colleagues and/or leaders
- Project management skills
- Fast learner
Great to haves
- Facilitation skills
- Course development software knowledge
- Knowledge of at least one learner management system
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Prime location in the heart of Salt River
- Great coffee shop around the corner
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
Our seven values define us, guide us, and keep us and our school one step ahead.
These are the things we care about – for ourselves, our colleagues, our customers, and our students. We look to uphold them in every area of our work and evoke them in each other.
Relentlessly Curious: Like a sponge, we don't read and listen and ask questions, so we can get ahead, we do it because we can't help ourselves. We just want to know more, about everything, all the time
Proudly Persistent: We set high standards for ourselves and our school and we have the grit and determination to achieve these goals. When adversity comes our way, we face it head-on
Constructively Challenging: We question everything not accepting anything as a given. We speak and act with respect and intelligence when challenging the status quo
Kindly Respectful: We treat our fellow humans the way we would like to be treated, with goodness and compassion. While we may not agree with their point of view, provided it doesn't hurt anyone, we respect and encourage their right to have it
Boundlessly Creative: New ideas are our lifeblood. We have to be always innovating, always improving and always growing and evolving ourselves, our students and our business school
Excitedly Accountable: We stand up and we want to lead, we pursue the greater good and we get our work done. People can rely on us to deliver to the best of our ability, every time
Intelligently Humble: Egos get in the way. We know we are mere pedestrians in the global village of knowledge and ideas and are always grateful when someone teaches us something
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life.
To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Get in touch a with us firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.