Lecturer - Copywriting | Cape Town
We're looking for a passionate lecturer to join our full-time academic team to teach and mentor the next generation of Red & Yellow game changers at our Cape Town campus.
As a lecturer, you will take full responsibility for the academic performance and functioning of your programme. You will be required to work closely with the Head of Department and Head of Education, other faculty leads and lecturing team members to maintain, develop and grow Red & Yellow’s respected and well-established course offering.
Have you got what it takes?
- Do you have expert knowledge of what a career as a graphic designer entails today and are eager and able to share that knowledge?
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead, command, inspire and contribute to the Red & Yellow vision and culture
- Excellent planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Familiar with student management systems – Moodle ideally
- Strong industry relationships
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Prime Location in the heart of Salt River
- Great coffee shop around the corner
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
A typical day may look like
- Contribute to the design and development of relevant academic programmes and curricula with Red & Yellow Programme offerings
- Assist with submissions for regulatory approval and accreditation of relevant programmes
- Lecture full-time programme offerings
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of academic programmes
- Liaise with academic colleagues and relevant industry contacts to ensure ongoing development and relevant academic programmes
- Participate in the annual upgrade of programme content
- Conduct assessments, marking and moderation
- Directly participate in teaching, learning and student research activities
- Participate in student application and registration process
- Perform academic monitoring (including attendance) and maintenance of student records in consultation with the faculty administrative and support staff
- Control assessment, tests, and examinations
- Mark / moderate assessment, tests and examination papers as requested by the Senior Lecturer/ Head of Departments
- Participate in Examination and Certification processes and promotion of students
- Attend regular faculty staff meetings
- Participate in updating of faculty policies and procedures
- Maintain a schedule of equipment within the department
- Ensure hard and electronic filing of all required documentation
- Oversee communication between support staff and students within programme offerings
- Participate in student grievance and disciplinary sessions
- Perform any other responsibilities as reasonably delegated by a member of Senior Management
- Annually update lecturer outlines, programme schedules, and lesson planning
- Lecture in accordance with the requirements of the programme outcomes and in accordance with the accredited programme outlines
- Set assessments, exam papers and assessment instruments
- Take part in internal moderation
- Attend and assist with internal and external faculty events
- Track and report on students at risk
- Benchmarking of programme offerings against other relevant Higher Education institutions
- Adhere to centralised policies and procedures that will ensure outstanding quality and unquestionable integrity of all academic programmes that are offered at the campus
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life. To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Get in touch with us.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.