Lecturer - Digital Design - Cape Town
We are looking for an experienced, passionate lecturer to join our Academic team to teach and mentor the next generation of Red and Yellow game changers at our Cape Town campus.
As lecturer in your field of expertise, you will take full responsibility for the academic performance and functioning of your programme. You will be required to work closely with the Education Manager, other faculty leads and lecturing team members to maintain, develop and grow R&Y’s respected and well-established course offering.
A typical day may look like
- Contribute to the design and development of relevant academic programmes and curricula with Red and Yellow Programme offerings
- Assist with submissions for regulatory approval of relevant programmes
- Lecture full-time programme offerings
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of academic programmes
- Conduct research activities
- Liaise with academic colleagues and relevant industry contacts to ensure ongoing development and relevant academic programmes
- Participate in the annual upgrade of programme content
- Conduct assessments, marking and moderation
- Directly participate in teaching, learning and student research activities
- Participate in student application and registration process
- Perform academic monitoring (including attendance) and maintenance of student records in consultation with the faculty administrative and support staff
- Control assessment, tests and examinations
- Mark / moderate assessment, tests and examination papers as requested by the Senior Lecturer/ Head of Departments
- Participate in Examination and Certification processes and promotion of students.
- Attend regular faculty staff meetings
- Participate in updating of faculty policies and procedures
- Maintain a schedule of equipment within the department
- Ensure hard and electronic filing of all required documentation
- Oversee communication between support staff and students within programme offerings
- Participate in student grievance and disciplinary sessions
- Perform any other responsibilities as reasonably delegated by a member of senior management
- Annually update lecturer outlines, programme schedules and lesson planning
- Assist with achieving accreditation of programmes
- Lecture in accordance with the requirements of the programme outcomes and in accordance with the accredited programme outlines
- Set assessments, exam papers and assessment instruments
- Take part in internal moderation
- Attend and assist with internal and external faculty events
- Track and report on students at risk
- Benchmarking of programme offerings against other relevant Higher Education institutions
- Adhere to centralised policies and procedures that will ensure outstanding quality and unquestionable integrity of all academic programmes that are offered at the campus
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant industry experience advantageous
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead, command, inspire and contribute to Red & Yellow vision and culture
- Excellent planning skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Proficient skills using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge and competency in Adobe After Effects, Premiere and XD would be beneficial
We can’t live without
- Honours Degree, preferably a master’s degree or pursuing a master’s degree
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in a tertiary environment
- Relevant experience in the subject area
- Proven experience managing students in a tertiary environment
- Familiar with student management systems – Moodle ideally
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in a tertiary environment
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Prime location in the heart of Salt River
- Great coffee shop around the corner
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
Our seven values define us, guide us, and keep us and our school one step ahead.
These are the things we care about – for ourselves, our colleagues, our customers, and our students. We look to uphold them in every area of our work and evoke them in each other.
Relentlessly Curious: Like a sponge, we don't read and listen and ask questions, so we can get ahead, we do it because we can't help ourselves. We just want to know more, about everything, all the time
Proudly Persistent: We set high standards for ourselves and our school and we have the grit and determination to achieve these goals. When adversity comes our way, we face it head-on.
Constructively Challenging: We question everything not accepting anything as a given. We speak and act with respect and intelligence when challenging the status quo.
Kindly Respectful: We treat our fellow humans the way we would like to be treated, with goodness and compassion. While we may not agree with their point of view, provided it doesn't hurt anyone, we respect and encourage their right to have it.
Boundlessly Creative: New ideas are our lifeblood. We have to be always innovating, always improving and always growing and evolving ourselves, our students and our business school.
Excitedly Accountable: We stand up and we want to lead, we pursue the greater good and we get our work done. People can rely on us to deliver to the best of our ability, every time.
Intelligently Humble: Egos get in the way. We know we are mere pedestrians in the global village of knowledge and ideas and are always grateful when someone teaches us something.
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life.
To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Get in touch a with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.