Online Course Coordination Manager | Cape Town
Join a fast-paced team that works really hard, but also knows how to have fun.
We’re looking for a dynamic go-getter, who is an absolute chief at customer service, and in addition, someone that will create memorable student experiences, highlighting the value that online education can add to any ambitious professionals’ career.
The Course Coordination Manager is responsible for leading the team that nurtures and facilitates the learning experience for all the students taking online courses. They need to manage and organise the daily processes of the team that lead to on-brand customer experience and devise innovative solutions and better ways to fix the inevitable daily niggles that crop up in any business.
You’ll be responsible for a wide variety of administrative tasks and customer support services, all of which contribute to the building and nurturing of strong relationships between students and Red & Yellow (R&Y).
- Managing, guiding and motivating the Course Coordination team
- Manage and delegate overall communications between coordinators and students
- Divide and allocate online courses amongst the team
- Manage relationships with external markers - allocating courses and preparing invoices for the finance department
- Lead team members using the company's performance agreement and development process
- Manage corporate relationships with company training managers
Daily and weekly management of course coordination tasks:
- Assignment submissions
- Module releases (weekly)
- Mailers sent on time
- Various course-related and administrative reports
- Ensuring that certificates are couriered timeously
- Monitoring all online forums
- Ensure reminders are sent to students for chat sessions/live tutorials
Managing student email account:
- Ensure CCs are responding timeously to student queries
- Answering emails from alumni (certificate/textbook queries)
- Ensure the team is a support channel for students with an empathetic and reassuring approach
- Ensure all communications work toward building and nurturing strong, life-long relationships between students and the brand.
- Assist the marketing team in supplying up-to-date information regarding students and their interest in taking future courses.
- Develop and implement processes to improve efficiency
- Understand and implement new processes effectively
Behavioural and cultural competencies and attributes / soft skills:
- “Radiator”, with a genuine passion for learning, education, and people
- Optimistic and enthusiastic
- Energetic and curious
- Able to multitask efficiently and calmly in a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for detail and obsessive about accuracy and order
- Ability to manage and delegate a diverse team
- Nurturing personality, with the ability to be firm, but fair
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent telephonic skills is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good motivational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Time management
- Critical and an analytical thinker
- Accountability and ability to take responsibility
- 2 -3 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Prior experience working in education and/or marketing highly advantageous
- Matric qualification essential
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification with a focus on Marketing and Communications or Education advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of Google Drive and documents / Microsoft Word / Excel
- A brilliant implementer that is process-driven
- Knowledge of our CRM system not a must but advantageous (Moodle, Sharpspring, etc.)
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Prime location in the heart of Salt River
- Great coffee shop around the corner
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
Our seven values define us, guide us, and keep us and our school one step ahead.
These are the things we care about – for ourselves, our colleagues, our customers, and our students. We look to uphold them in every area of our work and evoke them in each other.
Relentlessly Curious: Like a sponge, we don't read and listen and ask questions, so we can get ahead, we do it because we can't help ourselves. We just want to know more, about everything, all the time
Proudly Persistent: We set high standards for ourselves and our school and we have the grit and determination to achieve these goals. When adversity comes our way, we face it head-on
Constructively Challenging: We question everything not accepting anything as a given. We speak and act with respect and intelligence when challenging the status quo
Kindly Respectful: We treat our fellow humans the way we would like to be treated, with goodness and compassion. While we may not agree with their point of view, provided it doesn't hurt anyone, we respect and encourage their right to have it
Boundlessly Creative: New ideas are our lifeblood. We have to be always innovating, always improving and always growing and evolving ourselves, our students and our business school
Excitedly Accountable: We stand up and we want to lead, we pursue the greater good and we get our work done. People can rely on us to deliver to the best of our ability, every time
Intelligently Humble: Egos get in the way. We know we are mere pedestrians in the global village of knowledge and ideas and are always grateful when someone teaches us something
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life.
To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."