Programme Co-ordinator | Johannesburg
We are looking for an experienced, super-organised Programme Coordinator who has a deep passion for education, to support our Corporate Training Facilitator with the end to end process of developing, setting up and rolling out various workplace training programmes for our Corporate Clients (ie. short courses –face to face/online, workshops, Learnerships, etc.).
You will be responsible for communicating effectively with students, clients, various professional bodies, SETAs, Educational Institutions, vendors, internal product / Customer Teams, and championing the entire administrative and coordination processes required to successfully run world-class programmes.
In this role, you should combine strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and work under pressure. You should also be a problem-solver, with strong project management and administrative skills.
Your goal will be to ensure that our training programs are run smoothly from start to finish to ensure that Red & Yellow stands above our competition in the minds of our clients as the learning institution of choice.
A typical Day May Look Like
Administration, Coordination, Project Management
- Work closely with our Corporate Training Facilitators and Lecturers and “own” the end-to-end process of coordinating, administrating, project managing each training programme rolled out for our Corporate Clients
- Constantly strive to improve programme administration and coordination processes to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Ensure all requirements and deadlines for the programmes accredited with SETA, professional bodies, ie. SA Board for People Practices (SABPP), and other educational institutions etc. are met
- Create and accurately maintain all relevant training records (e.g. trainee lists, files, schedules, attendance sheets, assessments, marks, reports, etc.)
- Upload information, reports, etc. as required internally, by SETA, and other professional bodies
- Attend to pre and post assessment tasks
- Generate students reports, results, and certificates
- Prepare and disseminate material (e.g. instructional notes, feedback forms)
Liaison / point of contact / meetings
- Act as a point-of-contact, liaise with and build relationships with our Corporate Clients, students, vendors, SETAs, professional bodies, etc.
- Respond to and deal with all student queries in a timeous and professional manner and ensure they are referred to the necessary academic staff if appropriate.
- Liaise and coordinate with all relevant internal teams
- Coordinate and setup internal and external meetings, as well as site visits.
- Attend relevant meetings, take minutes of some meetings and distribute
Course and event days
- Book and set up training rooms, equipment, and organise refreshments/catering
- Liaise with the Office Manager ahead of time to arrange cleaning and setup support for course days, and resolve any issues as they arise onsite
- Liaise with the Finance Team to ensure all invoices for catering, stationery, etc. are approved, submitted and tracked for budget purposes
- Meet and greet students on arrival and ensure name tags, attendee lists, and all relevant course material is prepared and setup
- Coordinate and be on-hand for all course days to ensure everything runs smoothly and all student requests are attended to in a professional and courteous manner
Have you got what it takes?
- A real “radiator” with a genuine passion for education
- Curious – you love learning and experiencing new things
- A brave problem-solver; approachable yet assertive
- You are smart, proactive, positive and enthusiastic
- You are open to feedback and new ideas, always willing to change what you are doing in light of new information
We can’t live without
- Strong administrative, coordination and planning skills
- Skilled at working effectively with various stakeholders to ensure programme preparation, rollout and completion is successful
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven – critical
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Systematic in approach to tasks
“Great to have”
- 3 - 4 years work experience as a training administrator/coordinator/project management, or similar administrative role in a corporate / education / HR environment
- Previous experience working with SETAs is essential
- Familiar with SETAs, skills development initiatives, National Qualifications Framework (Unit standards/ Credits/ Qualification structure), workplace skills plans, annual training reports, and RPL a strong advantage
- Familiar with relevant legislation (NQF ACT, SDA, SDLA and EE Act) a strong advantage
- Competence in using Microsoft Office
- Diploma in related field
- SDF Training ideal
Why Red & Yellow?
- Take advantage of our vibrant and inspirational campus
- Sign up for all our online courses for free!
- Reap the financial rewards that our commission structure offers top performers
- Join our team of innovative and top-notch people who make things happen
- Friends & family discount on courses offered by R&Y
- Generous leave policy
- Flexible working hours
Our Social Promise
"We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life.
To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning."
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you!
Get in touch with us