Sales Consultant Cape Town: Full-time Programmes
The successful candidate will join our ambitious and dynamic sales team in Cape Town, and will work closely with our marketing, education and finance teams to sell our range of world-class programmes to prospective students, build and maintain relationships with students and be a shining ambassador for the Red & Yellow brand in all that you do. We believe in building lifelong relationships with our students, and you will be a key contributor in assuring that we continue to succeed.
We will expect you to challenge yourself and will give you as much rope as you’re prepared to accept. Your ability to grow and develop your career is dependent entirely on your appetite to take on responsibility.
- Sell our degrees, diplomas and certificates, competently and professionally against carefully tracked and managed targets through acquiring, nurturing and closing leads.
- Develop a deep understanding of our full-time programmes, so that you can meaningfully engage with prospective students and identify programmes which suit their needs.
- Manage and update account status reports daily.
- Manage enquiries and registrations for our portfolio of full time programmes.
- Liaise with prospective students and students by email, telephone, live chat forum and face to face.
- Build and nurture relationships with the past and present students, and help them identify further suitable courses for them to study.
- Manage and maintain your own individual sales pipeline, and contribute towards sales pipeline overall.
Behavioural and cultural competencies and attributes
- You have a passion for education and a can-do attitude
- You are a 'hunter' – a natural, talented business development machine who was born to sell
- Hungry, competitive and obsessed with targets – second best just isn’t good enough
- A real 'radiator'
- Very strong customer-focus – you are able to build and maintain long-term relationships with customers and have an intuitive feel for what customers want (and what they don’t)
- Excellent negotiation skills – direct and forceful without damaging relationships
- Curious – you love learning and experiencing new things
- A brave problem-solver; approachable yet assertive, and a highly effective communicator
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven – critical!
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- At least two years of work experience, involving email and telephone engagement with prospective clients.
- Proven sales experience ideally working in a highly competitive, high volume sales environment.
- Prior experience working in or with education, marketing or technology businesses highly advantageous.
- Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular, Word and Excel.
- Matric with exemption essential, undergraduate qualification (marketing or education) a real advantage.
Life at Red and Yellow
Get to enjoy life on our vibrant and inspirational campus with our full-time students while you sell to our online students
Sign up for all our online courses for free!
Reap the financial rewards that our commission structure offers top performers
If you meet all the requirements as listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our social promise
We are a better business school because we are filled with students from all walks of life. To ensure we stay that way, at least 10% of our students won’t have to pay for themselves. For every 9 hours you learn with our school, someone less fortunate receives an hour of career-boosting learning.