Master the basics in this graphic design for web course
Our 12 week course is for individuals with a graphic design background who are looking to tailor their design skills for online platforms. The course covers everything from the design process for web, generating content (design & copy) for the final website, and culminates with a Wix Portfolio Website. Photoshop Essentials with a 3 month licence is included.
You’ll then understand the design process and how to apply it for website design. From unpacking the brief through research to ideation and prototyping and create an animated logo gif for a selected company with Photoshop.
Course creators: Our incredible full-time lecturers
This course was created by, and benefits from, our full-time lecturers’ years of experience in the field – both in lecturing and in industry. They know how to nurture talent and bring out the best in students, resulting in many award-wins over the years.
Chantelle Arpesella: has lectured in Graphic Design since 2004, specializing in teaching the design process right through to award-winning campaigns.
UNIQUELY HUMAN SKILLS
The reality is that AI and robots will replace many of the jobs we know today. The likes of NASA and Google are already ahead of the game in their early recognition of the importance of ‘soft’ skills. Our courses and programmes are designed to prepare humans for this unknown world, by combining topic-specific knowledge and know-how, as well as a selection of the 10 uniquely human skills we’ve identified that will set us apart from ‘robots’:
Creative thinking, leadership, empathy, conflict resolution, critical thinking, adaptability, social intelligence, persuasion, negotiation, mindfulness
This course includes:
This course is perfect for:
- Individuals who have experience in Graphic Design and want to create content for websites
- Creatives who want to learn how to design for online platforms
- Creatives who want to create additional work for their portfolio
- Creatives who want to have a better understanding of User Experience for web
- Creatives who want to leave the course with a person brand identity and functioning Wix website
- Creatives who have experience with Design Software like /similar to Adobe Illustrator
The course is made up of 6 practical modules:
- Module 1:Graphic Design Process for Web
- Module 2: User Experience Design
- Module 3: Colour and imaginary for website
- Module 4: Typography and Copywriting for web
- Module 5: Logo and personal branding for web
- Module 6: Wix Website
At the end of this course, you'll:
- Learn Photoshop from an EBook and Adobe video tutorials
- Learn the fundamentals of UX
- Create animated gif logos, digital business cards and promotional collateral for online
- Understand Typography and write copy for your own website
- Understand Web Colour and manipulate images for your own website
- Create your own personal brand identity
- Create your own portfolio content to use in your final Website
- Create your own Wix Portfolio Website from scratch