14 September 2020
Applications Close: 07 September 2020
Duration: 1 year
Class Fee: ZAR 49 500
Acceptance Fee: ZAR 9500
This one-of-a-kind accredited programme, delivered fully online, will equip you with the knowledge and practical know-how to build a career in creating content for brand engagement and building brand equity. You’ll start with an introduction to the world of advertising and marketing and the role of content and communication within it, before focusing on how you can conceptualise, produce and use content to make people
love your brand. And then to make sure you can deliver, you’ll finish off with how to do project and resource planning for high-impact, highly effective content plans and campaigns.
This SETA-accredited NQF level 5 National Certificate is delivered completely online – allowing students to gain a critical qualification with minimal interruption to their lives. The 30% theoretical component is balanced by highly practical 70% workplace implementation – so as new skills are learnt, students can start applying them immediately and add more value to the workplace,
1. Module 1: Introduction to the Marketing Environment and Today’s Consumer
- An introduction to the online learning platform (Moodle) will be followed by an
- Introduction to marketing strategy, with a look at how budding content and copywriting experts can analyse the marketing environment to help them place their content. Then we’ll look at how to precisely identify the people for whom you’re creating content.
2. Module 2: Marketing Communications
- Any good copywriter or content marketer needs to be able to communicate their ideas clearly. This module starts with a look at how to present your content/copywriting ideas persuasively. Then we introduce various marketing channels on which you’ll be expected
- to be able To write compelling copy, including online advertising, direct marketing, and social media.
3. Module 3: Copywriting and Content Marketing
- Now that you have a solid grounding in the basics, it’s time to get to the “CDC” part of creating digital content. We start with a solid look at what content marketing is and why it’s important. Then you learn some copywriting best practices, and you finish off by looking at how to apply your content and copywriting skills to specific digital channels.
4. Module 4: Planning and control
- You can be the best content marketer or the strongest copywriter in the world, and you’ll get nowhere if you can’t match your work to the available resources. This module covers how to plan resources for advertising assignments, and it looks at some project management tips to help you keep all your projects on track for on-time delivery.
WHO YOU'LL MEET
Feel so privileged to be a part of this amazing team. When not on the guitar or running, you’ll find me braaiing or playing with my kids.
ROBYN, Instructional Designer
I write online courses and programmes that entice, encourage, and engage students to continue on their learning journeys
Megan Carver, Head of Programme Development
Megan is passionate about education and the possibilities that technology-mediated learning can achieve. With her background in psychology and education, Megan is committed to developing programmes and educational materials that not only achieve learner objectives but that foster and enhance the learning experience for students and learners.
TRACEY, Course Coordinator
I enjoy being able to combine what I love - education, people and all things digital! I am your go-to person for everything course-related.
National Certificate in Advertising – Creating Digital Content
This one-of-a-kind online accredited programme, will equip you with the knowledge and practical know-how to build a career in creating digital content for brand engagement and building brand equity.
The programme comprises of 4 modules, of varying lengths. There are 9 assessments throughout the year, followed by a final integrated assessment at the end.
- Apply deep strategic thinking, in-depth research, insight development and conceptual ideation to communicate with your target audiences
- Create a strategic content plan that reinforces the brand positioning and promise via the advertising and marketing world
- Execute targeted content campaigns that delight consumers
- Write compelling, persuasive copy that influences customer behaviour
- Create strong customer relationships to improve customer lifetime value
- Build a brand reputation as a thought leader in your industry
This programme is perfect for
- Social media managers and content producers and creators looking to hone their craft and learn current best practice
- Small business owners who want to engage more deeply and effectively with their customers
- Marketing professionals who are under constant pressure to deliver high-volume, high-impact communication campaigns
- Curious minds who want to be at the forefront of the content creation revolution
To qualify, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Matric certiﬁcate
- The ability to implement knowledge and practice skills learned in a business environment
- If you do not meet the above requirements, we do have an RPL (recognition of prior learning) process in place at an additional admin cost**. Get in touch with us for more information.
Click the Application button, fill out the short form and we'll email your application form to you. Fill it in, sign and upload; together with your other necessary documents. Now it’s our turn to evaluate your submission and provide feedback.
Once we’ve recognised you have potential, and approved your application, you need to secure your spot by paying your application acceptance fee.