Accreditation and Assessment Manager
Role: Accreditation and Assessment Manager
Employment Type: FTC
Probation: 3 months
Job level: Junior to Mid
Remuneration: Market Related
Location: Red & Yellow Campus, Cape Town
This is a really exciting opportunity to step into a role within our academic team within one of South Africa’s pre-eminent marketing and advertising schools and really make it your own.
The Red & Yellow Brand is well-loved and well-known within the South African marketing and advertising community and following its recent acquisition by Honoris United Universities (the first and largest pan-African university network), it is now set to radically ramp up its presence and activity within South Africa and expand through the Honoris network across the continent.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Role
- Learner enrolment on ETQA platform, uploading of results, achievement and managing of Statement of Results
- Overseeing and assisting with the compilation of portfolios of evidence
- Preparing all documents required for assessment, moderation and verification
- Liaising with assessors and moderators – coordinating assessment and moderation
- Preparing verification folders
- Liaising with relevant SETA for verification
- Overseeing verification process
- Train up junior members of staff on assessment, moderation and verification procedures
- Manage all aspects of institutional accreditation with relation to new programmes submissions and professional body applications.
- Review existing programmes to prepare them for submission for reaccreditation.
- Research and provide needs analysis and rationale for new programme
- Work with programme developers and reviewers
- Coordinate and develop the responses to conditions and/or representations when feedback is received from the respective regulator
- Work closely with professional bodies to align new programme submissions
- Submit applications for professional body accreditation
- Track reaccreditation cycles
- Manage contracts, payments and budgeting
- Keep records and tracking of submissions
- Oversee the enrolment of new programmes within the institution's structure
- Keep abreast of trends and latest information within programme accreditation and professional body accreditation
- Organisation of existing student records and files on Google drive / in store room
- Manage directories for all existing student records and files
- Manage a system for the storage of Google files in a central place for all Academic Admin staff
- Support Academic Exco with ad hoc administrative tasks
- Take minutes at committee meetings
Behavioural Attributes and Competencies
At Red & Yellow, we actively prioritise the right attitude combined with the right behavioural attributes in combination to prior experience.
Serious smarts are non-negotiable. Our clients expect excellence from us, and our students are professional, intelligent and driven so we value both intellectual and emotional intelligence in our people.
- A growth mindset and a “can-do” attitude. People with a growth mindset “tend to thrive on challenges and embrace failure as a mechanism for learning and development”. They constantly question the world and their place within it, and look for opportunities to improve themselves and their environments around them
- Constant curiosity and hunger for learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Not only is communication one of the most important elements of this role, but you are also an ambassador of Red & Yellow
- Professionalism, patience and kindness. Dealing with people day in and day out can be taxing, and it takes a particular kind of person to keep calm, cheerful and effective
- Ability to work in a team, and to work under pressure
- A passion for education. This is critical.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Knowledge of SETAs and corporate training landscape
- Experience in managing and/or coordinating SETA accredited programmes (MICT would be advantageous)
- Evidence of successful verification for learnerships and skills programmes
- Experience of Google Suite, particularly Gmail, Sheets and Drive
- Detail and quality oriented
- Registered assessor and/or moderator ideal
- Consult and engages with appropriate stakeholders
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Knows regulatory body requirements (e.g. SAQA, DHET and CHE)
- Advanced research skills
- Have a good understanding of the Higher Education landscape
- Planning, organising and negotiating skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Ability to work under pressure
Why work at Red & Yellow?
Life at Red & Yellow is fast-paced, technicoloured and full energy. We’re a School with serious ambition and a Global vision – we want to be The Most Creative Business School in the World, and we are working hard to achieve this. As a result, we are growing very fast, innovating and experimenting constantly, and always looking for ways to improve ourselves and our courses for the benefit of our students.
For you, this translates as follows:
- Our working environment is diverse, casual and fun, and full of quirky personalities, oddballs, nerds and geeks. But they all have one thing in common: a passion for changing the world through education, and a tremendous sense of community and purpose in working as part of a team of incredible talent that is punching well above its weight
- Fast-pace, growth and innovation mean that there is no shortage of upward and horizontal growth opportunities for people who perform and ask for opportunities to develop themselves and try new things. Our people get a lot of responsibility and trust and develop quickly
- Our people get to work alongside our executives and senior managers from Day 1, and so have enormous opportunity to learn from them directly
- We are all about constant curiosity – all of our online courses are free for our staff, and their friends and family get discounts.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Please forward your CV, proof of academic qualifications and a motivation letter aligning yourself to the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.