Online Sales Consultant
Role: Online Sales Consultant
Employment Type: FTC
Probation: 3 months
Job level: Junior to Mid
Remuneration: Market Related
Location: Red & Yellow Campus, Cape Town
The Red & Yellow Brand is well-loved and well-known within the South African marketing and advertising community and following its recent acquisition by Honoris United Universities (the first and largest pan-African university network), it is now set to radically ramp up its presence and activity within South Africa and expand through the Honoris network across the continent.
The successful candidate will join our ambitious & dynamic sales team in Cape Town and will work closely with our marketing, course coordination and finance teams to sell our range of world-class courses to students around the globe, build and maintain relationships with students & be a shining ambassador for the Red & Yellow brand in all that you do.
We believe in building lifelong relationships with our students, and you will be a key contributor in assuring that we continue to succeed in this.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Role
- Manage and respond to incoming queries for relevant courses.
- Work progressively to close sales, through execution of email and telephone strategies.
- Employ telesales and/or equivalent marketing strategies to ensure we reach all leads interested in pursuing studies for our respective courses.
- Develop a deep understanding of our courses, so that you can meaningfully engage with prospective students and identify courses which suit their needs.
- Manage and update account status reports daily.
- Manage enquiries and registrations for our portfolio of online courses.
- Liaise with prospective students and students by email, telephone, live chat forum and face to face.
- Build and nurture relationships with the past and present students and help them identify further suitable courses for them to study.
- Manage and maintain your own individual sales pipeline and contribute towards sales pipeline overall.
Behavioural Attributes and Competencies
At Red & Yellow, we actively prioritise the right attitude combined with the right behavioural attributes in combination to prior experience.
Serious smarts are non-negotiable. Our clients expect excellence from us, and our students are professional, intelligent and driven so we value both intellectual and emotional intelligence in our people.
- A growth mindset and a “can-do” attitude. People with a growth mindset “tend to thrive on challenges and embrace failure as a mechanism for learning and development”. They constantly question the world and their place within it, and look for opportunities to improve themselves and their environments around them
- Constant curiosity and hunger for learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Not only is communication one of the most
important elements of this role, but you are also an ambassador of Red & Yellow
- Professionalism, patience and kindness. Dealing with people day in and day out can be taxing, and it takes a particular kind of person to keep calm, cheerful and effective
- Ability to work in a team, and to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team, and to work under pressure and deliver against targets.
- Natural sales inclination and confidence. Sales skills can be learned, but a desire and willingness to sell is essential.
- Very strong customer-focus – you are able to build and maintain long-term relationships with customers and have an intuitive feel for what customers want (and what they don’t).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Not only is communication one of the most important elements of this role, but you are also an ambassador of Red & Yellow.
- You must be able to manage your own time, priorities and mindframe - we often work remotely, and this requires discipline, self-motivation and a willingness to learn and find answers without waiting for them to be spoon-fed to you.
Skills and Qualifications
- Grade 12/Matric qualification.
- Tertiary qualification (marketing or education would be advantageous).
- At least two years of sales and customer service experience is critical, with evidence of success and high performance
- Prior working experience in an Educational, Customer Service or Sales, Marketing, HR or Learning & Development environment is advantageous
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt to the fast pace of the business
- Practical working knowledge of a CRM system is advantageous (we use Salesforce).
Why work at Red & Yellow?
Life at Red & Yellow is fast-paced, technicoloured and full energy. We’re a School with serious ambition and a Global vision – we want to be The Most Creative Business School in the World, and we are working hard to achieve this. As a result, we are growing very fast, innovating and experimenting constantly, and always looking for ways to improve ourselves and our courses for the benefit of our students.
For you, this translates as follows:
- Our working environment is diverse, casual and fun, and full of quirky personalities, oddballs, nerds and geeks. But they all have one thing in common: a passion for changing the world through education, and a tremendous sense of community and purpose in working as part of a team of incredible talent that is punching well above its weight
- Fast-pace, growth and innovation mean that there is no shortage of upward and horizontal growth opportunities for people who perform and ask for opportunities to develop themselves and try new things. Our people get a lot of responsibility and trust and develop quickly
- Our people get to work alongside our executives and senior managers from Day 1, and so have enormous opportunity to learn from them directly
- We are all about constant curiosity – all of our online courses are free for our staff, and their friends and family get discounts.
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to join Red & Yellow, we want to hear from you! Please forward your CV, proof of academic qualifications and a motivation letter aligning yourself to the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the employment equity act.