03 February 2020
Duration: 1 year
- NQF 5
- SETA Certificate
Class Fee: ZAR 59 500
R3,800 off Application Acceptance fee if you pay before the end of August!
You’ll get the industry-relevant knowledge, techniques and skills to enter into an entry-level position as a graphic designer. After just 1 year you’ll walk out with a creative portfolio filled with graphic design for both digital and print media to catapult you into industry.
The programme includes 7 practical modules including individual and group assessments, a work integrated learning element and a final portfolio project:
1. The principles and elements of design
2. The design process
3. Applied illustration techniques
4. Print design techniques
- Identity design
- Packaging design
- Collateral design
5. Digital design techniques
- Design for social media
- Web banners
- Introduction to website design
- Introduction to mobile app design
6. Work integrated learning
WHO YOU'LL MEET
Meet our amazing team of lecturers who are equipped with industry knowledge and skills to prepare students for the dynamic changes in this 21st Century world
Feel so privileged to be a part of this amazing team. When not on the guitar or running, you’ll find me braaiing or playing with my kids.
JEANDRI, Head of Education
3 most valuable lessons on the knowledge journey: the best sight is insight, science is golden, and well done is better than well said.
CARMEN, Head of Department & Lecturer
Most proud of being creative with my super talented students. They teach me something new every day.
Applications are now open!
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
If you find yourself looking at brands and thinking about how you would have designed their logo differently or how you would change the packaging of your favourite coffee; if you have a creative flair, a curiosity about how web banners work, and the thinking that goes into those ads in your social media feeds, then this programme is for you.
Here are a few key benefits / learning outcomes
- Get equipped with the design thinking and skills to be a Graphic Designer
- Learn the necessary software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign and more of the suite), illustration, presentation and time-management skills necessary for a successful career
- Apply these skills in the execution of a series of digital and print design media
- Compile an interactive PDF portfolio of your work for the year, which will help catapult you into the industry as a graphic designer
- Work-integrated learning in the form of an internship at an awesome design studio, corporate or agency
A valid National Senior Certificate is required.
DO THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT
This is your first chance to show us you’ve got what it takes! It gives us a glimpse of who you are and what you’re capable of. It’s your gateway to the programme. Download the Skills Assessment, complete it, and submit with your final application.
Now download your application form by clicking the Application button. Fill it in, sign and upload; together with your skills assessment, and other necessary documents. Now it’s our turn to evaluate your submission and provide feedback.
Once we’ve recognised you have potential, and approved your application, you need to secure your spot by paying your application acceptance fee.