10 week media management course. Growing brands with strategic, integrated media management
This media management course was developed to help media and marketing teams understand the value of an integrated channel approach to marketing. Our full-time Marketing and Advertising Communications lecturer, Di Charton, offers input from her considerable knowledge bank.
Media management means: Finding out who your audience is and how to reach them. It is also finding the mix of channels for the best possible results from your media campaigns. It is implementing post-campaign feedback and optimisation for greater success.
Consumers don’t separate digital, physical and broadcast touchpoints. They regard them as proof points or deal-breakers on a journey. The journey either ends with brand loyalty (and commercial success) or disappointment.
This course is perfect for:
Anyone who works in any form of advertising or marketing communications, media management, or anyone who intends getting into the field.
It's essential for anyone involved in media planning, marketing communications, advertising and related fields.
The course includes 8 practical modules and assignments, as well as a final research project:
- Module 1: Introduction to the media landscape
- Module 2: Marketing channel management
- Module 3: Audience
- Module 4: Crafting a strategy
- Module 5: “Traditional” advertising
- Module 6: Online advertising
- Module 7: Managing media projects
- Module 8: Evaluation and optimisation
- The pros and cons of traditional and digital media channels
- What constitutes a robust media strategy
- Why it is so important to segment and understand your audience
- How to measure, optimise and report on performance
- How to understand the role of the various channels
- The importance of an integrated approach, defining the audience, and how best to connect with them
- How to measure performance and to ascertain cost versus value