15 November 2021
Applications Close: 12 November 2021
Duration: 1 year
Class Fee: ZAR 49 500
Acceptance Fee: ZAR 9500
Get an accredited NQF5 online-learning qualification without drastic lifestyle changes. Now more than ever, we need managers who can think creatively, solve complex problems, manage change and uncertainty, and build and inspire highly-productive, engaged teams.
The programme is broken up into five modules over 12 months (8-10 hours of study per week). You'll walk away with the practical skills and in-depth knowledge, as well as an NQF level 5 qualification that gives you the competitive edge.
1. Module 1: Managing and Leading People
- An introduction to the online learning platform (Moodle) will be followed by an introduction to Creative Thinking and Design Thinking, and the 21st Century management approach. Then building and developing teams, along with improving the organisational culture will be addressed.
2. Module 2: Workplace Management
- This module deals with operational planning and change processes, leadership theories and effective communication techniques.
3. Module 3: Decision Making Operational
- Operational Decision Making covers systems approach, knowledge management and how to promote innovation. This is followed by decision making related to the human element like performance management and coaching ﬁrst line managers. The ﬁnal aspect of decision making is how to monitor, assess and manage risk.
4. Module 4: Managing a Business Unit
- You will learn how to develop project plans, manage ﬁnances for a business unit, how to apply ﬁnancial analysis and recognise areas of change, then use these insights to inform and develop strategies and plans of action
5. Module 5: Strategic Management
- The ﬁnal module addresses you as a leader, and how to manage relationships with strategic partners. Then you’ll learn how to manage information and institutional knowledge. And ﬁnally, how to manage and improve staff and communication processes.
WHO YOU'LL MEET
Feel so privileged to be a part of this amazing team. When not on the guitar or running, you’ll find me braaiing or playing with my kids.
ROBYN, Instructional Designer
I write online courses and programmes that entice, encourage, and engage students to continue on their learning journeys
MEGAN, Head of Programme Development
Megan is passionate about education and the possibilities that technology-mediated learning can achieve. With her background in psychology and education, Megan is committed to developing programmes and educational materials that not only achieve learner objectives but that foster and enhance the learning experience for students and learners.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT National Certificate in Generic Management
Now more than ever, we need strategic managers who can think creatively, solve complex problems, manage change and uncertainty, and build and inspire highly-productive, engaged teams.
- Apply what you’ve learnt immediately in the workplace
- Develop essential soft skills – empathy, communication, feedback
- Focus on design thinking as an approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage remote teams
- Coping with change management
- Promoting innovation within the workplace
- Preparing you to become an effective leader who inspires teams to navigate the dynamic future
This Programme Is Perfect For
- First-time or aspiring managers
- More experienced managers without any formal management training
- Seasoned managers looking to learn new Digital-Age management principles and practices
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Apply essential management principles and practices for leading and inspiring teams
- Develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans that improve
efficiencies and effectiveness and drive your business forward
- Build strong relationships both throughout your business, and with clients, suppliers and
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous and innovative improvement
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management, and business ethics
- Engage in design thinking processes to address the massive shifts taking place across all industry
- Lead and manage a damn fine team!
To qualify, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Matric certiﬁcate
- The ability to implement knowledge and practice skills learned in a business environment
- If you do not meet the above requirements, we do have an RPL (recognition of prior learning) process in place at an additional admin cost**. Get in touch with us for more information.
Click the Application button, fill out the short form and we'll email your application form to you. Fill it in, sign and upload; together with your other necessary documents. Now it’s our turn to evaluate your submission and provide feedback.
Once we’ve recognised you have potential, and approved your application, you need to secure your spot by paying your application acceptance fee.