What you learn
The course is designed to give you a solid theoretical and practical grounding in digital marketing. You'll learn how to formulate a marketing strategy in the digital age, how to create effective digital marketing assets, and how to use earned and paid digital marketing tactics to be a successful and professional digital marketer.
The course is broken up into three modules over 2 years (18 hours of study per week).
Module 1: Marketing Strategy in a Digital Age
The module introduces you to key strategic and analytical tools needed to run effective digital marketing strategies and campaigns, within the context of current and emerging local and international trends.
You'll cover both theory and practice, and learn the fundamental principles that govern digital marketing. The module will enable you to understand, research and address target audiences by building on market research, web analytics, behavioural economics and personal branding.
The module also builds on your professional skills as a digital marketer, including presentation, negotiation and relationship management, ensuring that you're able to function professionally and effectively in the fast-paced digital world.
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Market Research and Behavioural Economics
- Web Analytics and Data
- Client-Agency Relationships
- Personal Branding, Presentation and Influence
Module 2: Creating Effective Digital Marketing Assets
This module gives you the theoretical and practical knowledge to manage a digital marketing project, and assist in creating effective web properties such as websites and mobile applications by implementing suitable design, usability, copywriting and content marketing principles.
You'll have a firm grasp on the broader fields of search engine optimisation, digital copywriting, content marketing and web development, giving you the necessary tools to create effective and efficient owned web assets that adhere to local and international best practice.
- Project Management
- Web Development, Design and UX
- Digital Copywriting
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Content Marketing
Module 3: Earned and Paid Digital Tactics
In the final module, you'll move on to explore the various digital marketing tactics that will help you to raise brand awareness, build brand reputation, engage consumers and generate conversions.
You'll be capable of conceptualising, implementing, measuring and optimising digital marketing campaigns for each tactic, including social media marketing, digital CRM, email marketing, mobile marketing, digital PR and a variety of online advertising channels.
- Social Media Strategies and Platforms
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Digital CRM
- Digital PR and Crisis Planning
- Media Planning and Online Advertising
How you learn
Know your stuff
Each module is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to graduate the course as an effective and professional digital marketer. Real world assignments, research projects, written tests & other assessments will enable you to use and build upon your skills.
Online learning is awesome
- The Advanced Diploma is delivered 100% online - no need to travel to classes or exams
- Our sophisticated online learning model ensures that you get the same high quality of learning as you would from a face-to-face programme
- Study flexibly in your own time, and apply your new skills while you work
- A dedicated course administrator and content expert are just a call or email away
- Live chat sessions and interactive forums ensure that you become part of a close online community with direct interaction with lecturers and expert guests
The first of it's kind to be offered by an African institution, the NQF level 7 distance-based Advanced Diploma in Digital Marketing will provide you with a unique and highly sought-after qualification and skill set, opening the doors to employment in the industry and enabling career advancement.
Fees & Requirements
Advanced Diploma in Digital Marketing (2 year course)
R 4 000 registration fee
R 66 000 tuition fee
To qualify, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Possess a qualification of NQF level 6 or higher
- Basic knowledge of marketing**
**Please note that if you do not have prior marketing knowledge or experience, you are required to complete or commence a basic marketing course, workshop or similar programme before the start date for the diploma. The Red & Yellow Marketing 101 online course is a suitable option, but you are welcome to choose any programme that will fulfil this requirement.
To apply, you need to submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of your highest qualification
- A certified copy of your ID/ passport (for international students)
- A cover letter that specifically focuses on your marketing experience and/or qualifications
- Complete and submit Step 2 on the Apply Now page
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this programme will only run if we receive a set minimum number of successful applications.