We’re changing the face of the SA marketing & advertising industry.
One learnership at a time.
Everyone has a right to education, it’s at the core of social and economic upliftment in South Africa and the key to a brighter future. And so we’re really proud to introduce the Red & Yellow Springboard Marketing Institute (RYSMI).
We are all aware that there is a massive divide between those who can afford education and those who can’t, which is why we created RYSMI. Our goal is to bridge the gap and provide the marketing, advertising and communications industry with a quality pool of young, skilled graduates through marketing learnerships in South Africa.
National Certificate of Advertising
We went to the RYSMI labs and created our NQF Level 5 National Certificate Of Advertising. They’ll spend 6 months training with us and then be transferred to you where you’ll expand their minds further.
It’s designed to expose the learner to the marketing and advertising communications industry in a real and practical way. Our aim is to help create better skilled, eager and ambitious minds who drive the industry forward.
National Certificate of Advertising Unit Standards:
National Certificate in Web Development and Programming
This 1 year learnership equips learners with basic skills in web development and programming. Learners spend 6 months training with us, and 6 months gaining workplace experience. The programme presents an excellent source for recruiting candidates with a proven aptitude in web development and the foundation required to advance and excel through further training and investment.
The programme results in the following competencies:
- Intermediate HTML & CSS
- Programming in PHP
· Capturing user input
· Validating input
· Storing input
· Retrieving input for display
In addition students will be able to:
- Apply communication best practice in the workplace
- Understand the various roles web developers and programmers play within an organisation, and the career opportunities available to them
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
The benefits of a learnership is a two way street. You’ll be providing opportunity to a hungry and enthusiastic mind, and in turn, your business will benefit too. Here are a bunch of reasons why:
- Tax rebates
- Wage bill subsidisation
- B-BBEE scorecard benefits
- Labour legislation flexibility
- Be part of a great initiative to grow SA’s marketing and advertising talent and skills.
Check out the Resources page for an infographic on the benefits of skills development.
HOW IT WORKS (IN A NUTSHELL)
- Company applies for funding via industry SETA
- On acceptance from SETA, agreement between learner, company and RYSMI is signed
- Learnership begins with RYSMI
- After 6 months of training at RYSMI, learner moves on to complete 6-month in-house learnership at company
- On successful completion, learner graduates from RYSMI with National Certificate of Advertising (NQF 5)
Providing the opportunity for someone to change their life isn’t as hard as it sounds. All they need is the springboard from which to do it.
Check out the Student Life page to take a look at life as a Springboard learner.