Red & Yellow Scholarships
Do you have a natural talent? Are you a creative thinker? Are you rocking your grades? Do you want a meaningful career, not just ‘a job’? Then we’re interested!
Our scholarships pay tribute to the incredible people who’ve played a key role in developing our school, producing incredible Alumni that have gone on to become business leaders and shape-shifters around the world.
What is the difference between scholarships and bursaries?
Bursaries are awarded to talented students who don’t have the financial means to study further. (We’re proud to say that in 2018, we surpassed our social promise goal of 10%.) Whereas scholarships are based on merit, talent and outstanding achievements only. Our chance to help bright, keenly ambitious and super-talented young humans realise their full career potential.
How does it work?
Tuition fees will be covered for five humans, based on 4 criteria:
- Excellent grades
- Evidence of natural talent and specific attributes (outlined below)
- Alignment with the that define us, guide us and keep our school – and our students – one step ahead.
- A burning ambition for a career with purpose, which starts with learning the skills that’ll help them shape the world in the 21st Century
|Scholarship||Applicable programme||Attributes that talk to their legacy (we’re looking for…)|
|Bob Rightford||BA Degree in Visual Communications||Exceptionally creative business thinkers|
|Hazel Pearson||All full-time programmes||A spirit of warmth, generosity, support and focus on always doing what is best for the team|
|Allan Raaff||BA Degree in Visual Communications||A relentless curiosity about the world, and incessant need to constantly learn and grow. In Allan’s words: “I am a sponge”|
|Brian Searle-Tripp||BA Degree in Visual Communications||Creative dynamos who think differently, challenge the status quo and are able to convey complex concepts in catchy, succinct ways.|
|John Cooney||Advanced Diploma in Marketing & Advertising Communications*||Strategic thinkers who see the bigger picture, and know how to make it happen.|
* This post-grad qualification is only for students with an NQF6 certification
I’m keen to apply
- Fill out the short form & select a scholarship – your opportunity to wow us with a brief motivation that demonstrates you have the qualities we’re looking for. Press ‘submit’
- Almost there: You also need to submit your application form, skills assessment, latest academic results and a certified copy of your ID. Don’t stress – you’ll receive a reminder email.
Tell me more about the skills assessment? It’s your chance to show us you’ve got what it takes, and your gateway to the programme. It gives us a glimpse of your potential. Download the PDF at the bottom of the relevant programme page – complete it, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our Cape Town campus.
We’ll then review all the applications, and invite short-listed candidates for an interview.