Project Management is a skill in high demand across every industry sector. This custom-developed 10-week course will give you the tools, tactics and techniques to develop, implement and evaluate a project plan; and align it with operational objectives. You’ll learn how to structure a plan of action for achieving the optimal outcome, factoring in the constraints of time, resources and budget.
You’ll also learn the art of communication, and how to tailor the message to the various stakeholders so that they get the information they need, and you get the best results
Learn from leading industry experts
Many contributors, along with prolific industry input, have shaped this course. But the key driver has over 20 years’ experience in business management and people development.
Nigel Bailey: has collaborated with Red & Yellow on a number of projects. He has a BSc Hons and a post-graduate diploma in labour law (UCT). Nigel is known for his ability to facilitate successful training and development events through his ability to connect with participants and communicate serious information in a clear and humorous fashion.
Bringing the best of the real world to online learning
Online learning offers many benefits – leading the pack are time-flexibility, convenience and choice. We’re on a mission to transform ‘online learning’ into more of a ‘virtual classroom’ experience – with all of the networking opportunities, human interactions and exposure to real, live lecturers and subject experts.
These lectures can be attended on our beautiful campus, live streamed or watched later when convenient for you.
Real humans have your back
There is a team of real, live people (not bots) dedicated to getting students over the finish line, and ensuring they have the best, most value-adding learning experience. Our Course Coordination team provides motivation and resolves operational issues. Our lecturers and Instructional Designers are always available for more subject-specific questions.
A certificate from Red & Yellow is a ‘‘guarantee of competency” that you have industry-relevant knowledge, the practical know-how and human skills so essential for the future.
This course is perfect for:
Anyone wanting to master the skills required to transform a great idea or need into a tangible, successful outcome, but more specifically:
- If you are in client-service
- If you need to harness the collective force of many stakeholders and manage the optimal outcome
- If you own your own business
- NGOs that need to implement and manage projects effectively
- If you’re newly appointed in a management role
- If you’re a new entrant in the job market
You’ll learn how to structure a plan of action for achieving the optimal outcome, factoring in the constraints of time, resources and budget in 10 weeks. And as we know, even the best-laid plans aren’t immune to unanticipated external and internal factors that crop up in the implementation phase. So you’ll also learn how to spot the danger signs, and how to adjust and adapt your approach.
- Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
- Module 2: Strategy
- Module 3: Planning
- Module 4: Quality Management
- Module 5: Measurement
- Module 6: Budgeting and Reporting
- Module 7: Post-project Actions
- Module 8: Leading your Project Team
8 modules that will teach you:
- The knowledge of best-practice approaches
- The ability to distinguish which approach will deliver the best outcome
- The ability to translate the desired outcome into clear and logical action points
- To control budget, timing and resources during the roll-out phase
- To create plans for ensuring optimal outcomes
- To understand and implement agile methodology
- To analyse, evaluate and learn how to improve on project management methodologies
To qualify you need to meet the following requirements:
The right attitude, a keen desire to succeed, and great communication skills (literacy, numeracy, comprehension).