07 February 2022
Duration: 1 year
- NQF 7 Advanced Diploma
Class Fee: ZAR 84 500
Acceptance Fee: ZAR 9500
APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2022
Introducing a 1-year Advanced Diploma in User Centered Design for graduates, that takes UX (user experience) and design to the next level. Apply sound strategic thinking and a deep understanding of what drives human behaviour to conceptually create and develop solutions to design problems.
The programme is designed around 3 modules, that allow for integrated knowledge, skills and application. Each module runs sequentially and the subjects are designed to build on the knowledge as the year progresses.
1. Theory and Principles of User Centered Design
- User Centered Design and Business Innovation
- Design Tools and Problem Solving
- User Research Theory and Methods
- Narrative Techniques and Ideation Tools
2. Application and Practice of User Centered Design
- Information Architecture
- Visual Design
- Interface and Interaction Design
3. Professional Practice of User Centered Design
- Workplace Learning
- Practical Simulation
- User Centered Product and Service Design
WHO YOU'LL MEET
Meet our amazing team of lecturers who are equipped with industry knowledge and skills to prepare students for the dynamic changes in this 21st Century world
DEAN, Senior Lecturer
I've worked in art, music, design, dance (not actually dancing), jewellery. I love taking on complex problems that require divergent thinking.
APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2022
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Unlike a programme that only focuses on UX and conceptual thinking or one that only teaches design, this advanced diploma in user centered design combines the best of both worlds.
Integrating your keen interest in human behaviour, obsession with solving problems in a unique way and your love of digital design, you’ll understand how to take these skills and elevate them to the next level. You’ll learn how to take a project from the conceptual stage into actual prototyping, and have the competency and know-how to integrate elements and design thinking in order for the development team to bring it to life. Developed in response to a desperate need in the market, this programme’s primary intention is to give students the ability to translate theory and implement it into practical projects for the real world.
- An NQF level 6 Diploma or NQF level 7 Bachelor’s Degree
- Regular, steady access to the internet
- Reasonably sophisticated computer skills (i.e. the ability to work and research online).
- A proven ability to design as evident in a portfolio and proficiency in related software (Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop or similar)
DO THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT
This is your first chance to show us you’ve got what it takes! It gives us a glimpse of who you are and what you’re capable of. It’s your gateway to the programme. Download the skills assessment, complete it, and submit with your final application.
Download your application form by clicking the Application button. Fill it in, sign and upload; together with the necessary documents (your CV, skills assessment and academic credentials) as listed in the requirements above. Now it’s our turn to evaluate your submission and provide feedback.
Once we’ve recognised you have potential, and approved your application, you need to secure your spot by paying your Application Acceptance fee.