User experience design is the process of enhancing the pleasure a person feels when interacting with a product or service – specifically online. This custom-developed 10-week course will help you understand why it’s important, the basic principles of UX, and the different roles it plays. It will give you the tools, tactics and techniques to build a user-friendly website interface, to structure content in a way that makes sense to your users, and to understand how users think and behave to inform your design.
You’ll also learn key practices and methodologies that you can apply in real business contexts to ensure you remain current in the changing digital landscape.
Learn from leading industry experts
Together with prolific industry input and our smart education team, we’ve designed an original, 21st Century relevant course. But the key driver has over 15 years’ experience in UX and digital design.
Dean Henning – Red & Yellow Senior Lecturer: Dean has a Master of Arts focused primarily on the area of computer-based education using online tools, with a first-class pass in Human Computer Interface Design. He has done a gazillion courses in UX Design Techniques. He is particularly proud of developing an NQF7 Advanced Diploma in User Centred Design that approved by the Council on Higher Education, which Red & Yellow offers as a one-year full-time programme.
Bringing the best of the real world to online learning
Online learning offers many benefits – leading the pack are time-flexibility, convenience and choice. We’re on a mission to transform ‘online learning’ into more of a ‘virtual classroom’ experience – with all of the networking opportunities, human interactions and exposure to real, live lecturers and subject experts.
These lectures can be attended on our beautiful campus, live streamed or watched later when convenient for you.
Real humans have your back
There is a team of real, live people (not bots) dedicated to getting students over the finish line, and ensuring they have the best, most value-adding learning experience. Our Course Coordination team provides motivation and resolves operational issues. Our lecturers and Instructional Designers are always available for more subject-specific questions.
A prized certificate from Red & Yellow is a ‘‘guarantee of competency” that you have industry-relevant knowledge, the practical know-how and human skills so essential for the future.
This course is perfect for:
This course is perfect for anyone interested in understanding more about how users think, behave and engage to help them improve the experience when customers have digital interactions with a brand. More specifically:
- Aspiring/current web designers or developers
- Content managers, marketing strategists or UX practitioners
- For anyone seeking to use UX skills to ensure steady sales
- Those fascinated with the discipline of UX design
- If you're involved in or developing an eCommerce business
You’ll learn how to build a website interface in order to make your digital channels easy, intuitive and fun to use in just 10 weeks. The better the user experience, the more likely a customer is to react positively to your company and its services. You'll understand the different roles of UX and what drives human behaviour.
- Module 1: Introduction to User Experience
- Module 2: Understanding the User
- Module 3: Information Architecture
- Module 4: Web Design
- Module 5: Building the interface
- Module 6: UX is mobile
- Module 7: UX Testing
7 modules that will teach you:
- To understand why designing with the user in mind is so critical
- To craft user-friendly websites that delight, rather than frustrate
- Create digital experiences that make customers react positively to your brand
- Design interactions that will lead to higher affinity and conversions
- To integrate UX into everything you do online
- To understand aspects of human–computer interaction, service usage and product ownership
To qualify you need to meet the following requirements:
A desire to understand human behaviour on websites and how best to guide that behaviour to maximise profit, and very basic digital skills.